Friday, September 16, 2011

A Charm Against The Evil Eye.

This charm/spell is adapted from the Carmina Gadelica. It combines elements from several of the charms found there, giving it a little more punch, and a bit of bite. I use this, among other protective prayers when I feel that things might be getting a bit hinky. The Evil Eye can be cast through malevolent prayer, through spellwork, and even through raw envy or spite.

I trample upon the eye,
as tramples the duck upon the lake, as tramples the swan upon the water,
as tramples the horse upon the plain, as tramples the crow upon the grain,
as tramples the host of the elements, as tramples the host of the elements.
Power of Wind I have over it. Power of Wrath I have over it.
Power of Fire I have over it. Power of Thunder I have over it.
Power of Lightening I have over it. Power of Storms I have over it.
Power of Moon I have over it. Power of Sun I have over it.
Power of Stars I have over it. Power of Firmament I have over it.
Power of Heavens, and of worlds I have over it.
In the name of the Tree of Life, and the utterance of the Sacred Names,
In the name of all of the Secret Ones, and of the Powers together I say...
Whosoever made this eye, may it lie upon himself, may it lie upon his house,
may it lie upon his flocks, may it lie upon his substance, may it lie upon his fatness,
may it lie upon his means, may it lie upon his children, may it lie upon his works.
I will subdue the eye (Horns up) - I will suppress this eye (Fig down) - I will banish this eye (flip the bird).

3 comments:

  1. I come from a long line of Italian ladies who charmed against the evil eye. This is quite wonderful and will be added to my collection! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this adaptation! I have noticed more folks are publishing their own spin on the treasures in CG. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Evil Eye can be cast through malevolent prayer, through spellwork, and even through raw envy or spite."

    Surprisingly, I have found envy and spite to be the source of much "hinkiness" this year. The power of these should not be underestimated. Thanks for the charm.

    ReplyDelete